- Harrisons 16th edition - well, I am not sure about the usage of Harrisons Principles of Internal Medicine elsewhere, but here, in Melbourne, it seemed to be the main source of reference for anything. I can't remember the umpteenth when in a PBL, the words "Oh,you will find it Harrisons";"I remembered reading in Harrisons....." and etc. What I have got in my PDA is not the full version of Harrisons. It was a concise version of it. It is handy to recall the facts you HAVE read in the bigger Harrisons. However,it is most handy when I need to sleep at night. On the PDA, read for a few minutes, and voila....a good night sleep ensues.
- Oxford Handbook of Clinical Med 6 - Remember those yellow small Oxford books we always try to bring to postings and trainings in hope that if any unforeseen problems crop up,we will able to refer to it. I still haven't got around navigating the PDA version of it,seem to be quite an hassle. However,it has quite an interesting feature in Palms, the ability to add a personal topic. Thanks to Dr. House and broadband, I have added a new topic to mine - Naegleria meningoencephalitis, partly for the fun of it. Of course, nothing gives you better sense of security other than holding a hard,rather thick and concise clinical book in your sweaty hand when you are confronting a mean-looking consultant in the wards.
- Dorlands - Medical dictionary,enough said
- A2Z Drugs - when you need to refresh your memory about drugs and its actions, provided you knew them before of course.
- 5 minutes Clinical Consult 2005 - recently installed, I personally don't use it much. I normally fall back on my books and the Oxford I had in my PDA.
Rated R. R=Recommended to all general population who have no life and have nothing else to do but crap and listening to me crapping.
Friday, May 19, 2006
W for wolframium
Wolframium is another word for Tungsten. That's why Tungsten's symbol is W in the periodic table(Remember chemistry?) Thanks to wonders of internet,I can have that information in matters of seconds. Anyway,I won't be talking about the Tungsten that is used to make the bulbs filaments. It is about time to provide some insight into PDA usage. I am talking about my Tungsten T3 - a PDA,a personal digital assistant. Of course, I would much prefer an assistant that comes in "better packaging." *cough cough* I won't say my T3 looks great,it has experienced some quite rough use under the previous owner, but it sure does works great so far.
I have to admit I quite like the sliding screen of T3 myself, compared to the new Palms which feature equivalent sized screen but non-slidable. I don't know I would trade a T3 for those bulkier looking PDAs. Of course,money is another problem. I have noticed Hehe... Like those PDAs-enabled-medical students, I have put it some medical studies related softwares. Currently in my PDA are