Monday, July 10, 2006

Fall From Grace

And so the FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 has been concluded with the Azzurri as the winner.The match would most probably be remembered as the wizard of the modern game,Zinedine Zidane,having never completed his last competitive game by getting himself sent off for headbutting an Italian player.15 years of greatness lost in a 15 second of madness.I really want to know what was exchanged between Materrazi and Zidane that causes him to short-fuse.It will take a lot to get an experienced player like him to lose his head.The world is probably going to argue whether his sending off contributes to the eventual loss to the Italian.It is going to be the all the "what if" arguments normally heard in football commentatories.So what if you were right then,would it change anything?Anyone can reflect on the past and churns out these possiblities.No one can foresee the future for sure though but one can definitely make it happen. On another note,sometimes it really sucks watching the game from a country which participated in the World Cup.Commentatories are so biased that sometimes it really pisses me off.Luckily,the commentator during the match itself that they employed was Martin Tyler whose voice is commonly heard in English Premier League on ESPN.Now they are going to keep reminding us that they lost to the eventual winner by the narrowest of a margin.Then again,I am technically a foreigner here,so maybe I should keep my mouth shut till I got back to Malaysian soil. Outside,the Italians seem to be over the world.Honking and shouting at the success of their national team.Really have to applaud their team for coming together at such a troubled with their scandals-plagued Serie A.Maybe would get down to the Italian street and have a look.Who knows I might have some free pizzas or pastas. Till then,adios.