Sunday, June 25, 2006

World Cup Feva

Ok...This post may seem a bit too late.Been sleeping from 7 am till 5 pm here,especially now we are going into the knockout phase.All for the World Cup season.Luckily I am currently having a long break now.However,things here are rather different from the way we catch football back in Malaysia.There are no mamak.Dang....no Nasi Lemak,teh tarik and etc since most shops close before 7 pm,excepting the Chinatown and pubs,which aren't the kinda place I would like to catch football. Australia made it through to the last 16. Whoah......A country where football means rugby and with the same population size as Malaysia got into the last 16.I wonder whether I will ever get to sing Negaraku in a World Cup Finals match.That will definitely be something good to remember. Australia is playing Italy. As much as odds favour the Azzuri,but we must always remember South Korea in 2002. Till then adios.
"Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen. Soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts. Football is a beastly game played by beasts. " -Henry Blaha, 1972-