Friday, July 23, 2004

A Friday

A Friday has never felt so cold, Not the rain,not the snow,not that I am getting old. Maybe it is because I was told, To the nation of the south she has flown. Yes,it rained the night of yesterday, But it doesn't bring the coldness I felt today, And future days will pass without much gay, Without her smile that bring me much need ray, I can only imagine the nature of her departure, A face of tears,a look of sadness,pondering the future, In the land of the south,in the sea of foreign culture, Seperating us is the sea,the mountain,the power of Mother nature. For once,I asked and No she said, Time is not right for us just yet, Guess that will add on to the two years I waited, A time most people will have seen their adventures ended. She has been hurt truly madly deeply by him, A lucky guy,I'd say, yet broke her heart with a whim, All the while I was beside her,comforting and listening, Sometimes,I think it is my fault that she brokes down crying.  I know I can't,I wont,I'd never take his place in her heart, I am not him,he's not me,and that's what's kept us apart, A naive guy one might say yet,love it is say another, I've given my all in what I believe,thus I shall comment no further, My heart's been broken once too many times by her, Not her punch,not her kick but the "No's" she hurls, If you can show me a rational surd, Then I'll show you a love that never hurts, What's with me and all my poetic streak? My hands listen as my thoughts speak, A guy's love for a girl is for all to take a peek, Happiness in life is what I always seek. I can't pluck the stars nor I can love you till the sea dries, But I guess we can gaze the stars together by the seasides, I can't love you forever with all my heart and my soul, For with every seconds pass,I am getting old. -Xiao_zhai-