Monday, September 06, 2004

Orientation M2/04:updates

I was one of the few if not only Orientation Officer from my batch.Oh boy.Lessons I learned from the orientation:
  1. You should learn from your past experience (orientation)
  2. Greetings from your batchmates come in the form of flour, water baloons, paint, water, eggs and God-knows-what-they-can-grasp-in-their-hand.
  3. You will get special VIP treatment when your batchmates are the sadisticstation masters.
  4. Eggs are good for your hair, "Not oily,not day, I'm balanced" to quote an adverts motto.
  5. You time-slip in and out of the future. Your hair will be black in the morning, white(read flour) in the afternoon, yellow(read egg yolks) in the evening and black again before you go to sleep.
  6. The orientation T-shirt is able to withstand at least 10 time wash over 3 days.
  7. Sleep is secondary.

On a more positive note,I enjoyed the orientation well.Got to know some of the juniors under my charge although I still have a hard time putting names to their face even now.Hmm...I have a confession to make:I still don't know the names of some of the friends I normally talk to even now in university.The respi exam killed my brain cells you see.At first, I was quite paranoid about being an OO.But my group cope well in my absence(There are other OOs as well)Kudos to them for coming up with the cheer and the costumes and the spirits.I really respect them.Why do I become an OO?Hmm.....Helping out is secondary.Primarily is to know some of the leng luisjuniors and help them with their university.Yet,so far nobody had approached me for any help or any kind.Maybe it is just the first day after orientation.(self-consoling)My point here is I had helluva fun during orientation,getting thrown flour,eggs,water baloons and etc.Okay.That don't sound right.Actually I really thank them(my juniors) for putting in their best efforts.Okay,I had cramps on both my legs(I am getting older,you see) during the late part of treasure hunt yet they still went on.Also want to thank them for calling me the best OOs which I don't quite deserve for what I have done for the first 2 days,abandoning them for my books.Respi exam,what to do.

At the end of day,the orientation was fun and a success considering the time and effort everyone put in.

"One should not be judged on how much wealth he give,but how much of his wealth that he had given."-Xiao_zhai-

Thus,A starving man gives more than a billionaire's millions through his gift of crumbs.Judging by this saying,I have to say the those committee members sure have put in a lot of efforts.To coordinate an orientation for 170+ students with your exam practically the next day really need some BIG sacrifice.Some even went to the extent of skipping the all-too-important medical lectures.

Kudos to the Committee of Orientation M2/04 for a job well done.Kudos to Chern Wuay for leading STD so well in the temporary absence of the OOs.